Admissions into our Reception classes and transfers from other schools are organised by the Education Authority Admissions department. You should contact them directly for further information on admission arrangements, you can access their website by clicking here.
The criteria for the admission of children to the school to be applied in the event of over-subscription, is in the following order of priority:
1. Pupils with a Statement of Special Education Need which names the school and those pupils in receipt of banded funding where the Local Authority, in consultation with the Governors, believes that the school is the most appropriate to meet the child’s needs.
2. Pupils in the ‘Looked After’ system and children who are adopted, where the approved agencies in consultation with the Governors, agree that the school is the most appropriate to meet the child’s needs.
3. The school is the one designated for the area in which the child lives.
4. The presence of older brothers or sisters in the school at the time of admission.
5. Special medical or social needs of the pupil. Production of a medical certificate or other appropriate information is required.
6. The location of the home in relation to the school, i.e. children who live nearer to the school will be given priority if the preferences exceed the admission level.
If you would like your child to attend our school, please see full details of our admission arrangements below.