ELSA is supporting children in the development of their emotional literacy.
What is emotional literacy?
- Understanding and coping with the feelings about ourselves and others
- Developing high self-esteem and positive interaction with others
- Being emotionally literate helps children focus better on their learning.
Some of the areas the ELSA work on;
- Recognising emotions
- Recognising feelings
- Self esteem
- Self confidence
- Friendship skills
- Anger management
- Loss and bereavement
How does the ELSA work?
- A regular slot roughly 30 minutes
- Sessions can be individual or small groups and tailored to each individual needs
- Sessions are fun and might include: roll play, puppets, lego, games and arts and crafts etc
- They include time to talk
- A pupil’s progress will be reviewed on a half term basis
- Purposeful interventions
Hampton Dene's ELSA's are Miss Warman and Mrs Lawson